Our bedroom is in the basement of our new house. It has it's pros and cons. One con is that we couldn't fit our bed or box springs down the stairs! We had to search for a split queen box springs. Instead of buying a new bed, I decided to make a headboard instead! It was actually a really fun project...and now that I know how it's done, I'll definitely do it again. The night stands are from Ikea which I put together all by myself (Josh laughs because one leg already had to be redone...) The elephant is from Thrift Town, which I spray painted white. I also made the European shams. The lamps are from Home Goods and the framed antique advertisements are from Italy.
This is practically the only pseudo-done room in our house. Although these pictures look yellow, there really is good lighting and a clean feel in our bedroom. We love it. Hopefully I will have more of our house to show soon! (and I'll post about making the headboard later)